2/14/2004

Real charity

I NEVER KNEW I COULD SURF FROM WORK FOR FREE! THIS IS SOOOOO COOL A COMPLETELY WIRELESS MALL!!!! YIEEEEE HAAAA!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU WI-FI!

Just too many of these people nowadays... they all come in casually to ask for charity. They say their volunteers but they get commission out of it? WTF... that's not real honest charity. For all you know they pocket a good 30% out of each donation made. They come in to show:


  • Pictures of those in plight and in need of the donations

  • An obviously forged letter from the ministry of welfare

  • Another 'like duh it's fake' warrant from Bukit Aman (Malaysia's very own Scotland Yard)

  • Sympathetic stories, obviously fabricated to extract every ounce of sympathy and money of your pockets



So then I ask them,
"Well you can give me the contact number and the person in charge of the place, maybe I could arrange something for the children."

And they say,
"No. No. we're just a small center of 30 people all we ask is for your monetary donation."

And they go on and on about the poor people in need.

Until you say...
"Well hmm I really can arrange something for them, the media...you know like newspaper"

And then they say
"Oh."
and leave.

Nasty buggers... I never believe in such charity...you never know where the dough really ends up.

0 comments: